Home Study Process
The Home Study Process
- Call us at (281) 342-4042 to request the home study information and ask questions about the home study process.
- Download the application, fill it out, and return it to the agency with your application fee. The application fee is $1,000 for out of state families and $500 for Texas families.
- Download the autobiographical instrument and the other documents needed for the home study from the website.
- Call our office to ask any questions about the home study paperwork and to schedule a time for your home visit.
- One of our Social Workers will arrive at your home at the specified time and take you through a 3-4 hour interview.
- Approximately two weeks later, the home study report will be completed and available for pickup or mailing.
NOTE: Fingerprints take approximately 2-3 weeks to process, so these should be completed and returned as soon as possible to avoid a delay in your report. Please include a check for $50.00 per card to be processed for families residing outside the State of Texas. Families in Texas will receive instructions on how to do their fingerprinting electronically once the application is submitted to the agency.