Adoptive Family Criteria
ADOPTIVE FAMILY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Couples or singles. If married, there are no requirements of how long you have been married.
- Demonstrate a stable employment history, sufficient financial resources and adequate living conditions conducive to a child’s well being.
- Demonstrate that you are free from communicable disease and in sufficiently good physical and mental health.
- Demonstrate that you are emotionally and mentally capable of understanding the needs of a small child and being able to meet them. This is demonstrated by a recommendation for adoption in your home study.
- The age limit for acceptance into our program is 25 to 55 years of age
We welcome all prospective adoptive parents regardless of age, race, religion, sexual orientation or marital status. Our prospective adoptive family pool includes heterosexual couples, same-sex couples and single parents.
The above requirements are preferred, but exceptions are made when possible. Please contact our agency if you have a question about the criteria.